20th Central Hardwood Forest Conference
Long-term Forest Management Experiments in the Eastern
Deciduous Forest: Lessons for Tomorrow
March 28-April 1, 2016
University of Missouri campus
Thanks for your interest the the Conference
The 2016 conferece is past
- June 1 2015
- Abstracts due
- June 17, 2015
- Acceptance notification
- September 21, 2015
- Draft paper due
- November 20, 2015
- Review comment back to authors
- February 1, 2016
- Final papers and extended abstracts due
The Central Hardwood Forest Conference is a biennial meeting dedicated to the sustainability and improvement of the Central Hardwood forest ecosystem. The conference objective is to bring together forest managers and scientists to discuss research and issues concerning the ecology and management of forests of the Central Hardwood Region. We are pleased to announce that the 20th Central Hardwood Forest Conference will be hosted by the University of Missouri and the USDA Forest Service Northern Research Station, and the Missouri Department of Conservation. The meeting will be held March 28-April 1, 2016, on the campus of the University of Missouri in Columbia.
- Concurrent session papers and posters are welcomed on any aspect of forest ecology, silviculture, forest health, harvesting, utilization, biometrics, stand dynamics and modeling, GIS/remote sensing, physiology, economics, hydrology, forest soils, wildlife, recreation, or human dimensions related to Central Hardwood Forests.
- There also will be a concurrent session on findings from long-term experiments.
- The Proceedings of the Central Hardwood Forest Conference will be published as a General Technical Report by the Northern Research Station.
- A select group of papers submitted to the session on long-term experiments will be published in a special issue of a interdisciplinary ecologically-based science journal.
Central Hardwood Forests Conference Co-Chairs:
USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station
University of Missouri
Central Hardwood Forest Conference Committee Members:
Dan Dey (GTR Publication)
Alex Wolf (Pre-meeting field trip)
Ben Knapp (Program)
David Larsen (Web and program)
Matt Olson (Long-term experiments)
Mike Saunders (Long-term experiments)
Steve Shifley (Post-meeting field trip)
Mike Stambaugh (Post-meeting field trip)
Jerry VanSambeek (Sponsors)
For more information about the conference, please contact John Kabrick (email@example.com).
- USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station
- Forestry, The School of Natural Resources, University of Missouri
- College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, University of Missouri
- Forestry and Natural Resources, Purdue University
- Missouri Department of Conservation
- Missouri Forest Products Association
- Missouri Society of American Foresters
- University of Missouri Extension
- University of Missouri Center of Agroforestry
- L-A-D Foundation, Pioneer Forest
Created by David R. Larsen February 9, 2015
Last Updated: April 6, 2016